Rules on making purchases at DoBargo
Section 1 Definitions
- Administrator – the Website is administered by Grzegorz Komuniewski who carries on a business activity under the name PRZEDSIĘBIORSTWO WIELOBRANŻOWE „KOM” Grzegorz Komuniewski, registered in the Central Registry and Information on Economic Activity maintained by the Minister of Economic Development and Finance, NIP (tax identification number) 5840101734, REGON (National Official Business Register number) 190137480, ul. Wenus 37F, 80-299 Gdańsk, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seller – an entity carrying on the sale of goods via the Website for the purposes related to its commercial, economic, craft or freelancer activity, selling products via the Website, whose details are on his/her profile on the Website and the product description on the Website, which is a party to a Sales agreement and is not a Consumer.
- Consumer – natural person who has conducted a legal transaction with the Administrator (via the Website) not related directly with his/her professional or economic activity.
- Account – feature of the Website which allows the Buyer, identified by an individually specified unique name, to use all features available on the Website for the Buyers, including making purchases on the Website.
- Buyer – every entity concluding a Sales agreement via the website or intending to conclude such agreements, including an entity which has an account on the Website.
- Seller Profile – a Seller's individual profile on the Website which contains information about the Seller and the terms of sale applied by the Seller, which supplement these general rules.
- Website – website maintained by the Administrator available at www.dobargo.com, via which specific Sellers can sell products and Buyers can purchase them.
- Sales agreement – a sales agreement concluded via the Website between the Buyer and the Seller.
- Rules – these general rules for making purchases on the Website.
Section 2 Preliminary provisions
- This document defines the rules for the conclusion of sales agreement via the Website, supplementing the terms of sale set out by individual Sellers as parties to sales agreements concluded via the Website.
- The Rules also determine the conditions for the provision of services by electronic means by the Administrator in connection with the Website.
Section 3 Conclusion of a sales agreement
- For the purpose of concluding a Sales agreement one should set up an Account on the Website and log in to the Website.
- In order to set up an Account, the Buyer should provide his/her details in the registration form available on the Website.
- After that the Buyer should add the selected product to the cart on the Website.
- Upon the Buyer's confirmation of the order and acceptance of the Rules and conditions of sale resulting from the product description as well as the Seller profile, a Sales agreement is concluded.
- The parties to the sales agreement referred to in subs. 4 is the Buyer and the Seller competent with regard to the selected product indicated on the Website.
Section 4 Cost of the Order
- The prices indicated on the Website are gross prices, i.e. they include all applicable taxes.
- The total cost of the order is made up of the product price and cost of shipment of the product indicated on the Website by the Sellers i.a. in the product description, as well as upon placing the order.
- The Administrator wishes to underline that in the case where the Buyer buys products from several Sellers, shipment costs will have to be paid separately for products offered by each Seller, which will be clearly indicated upon the placing of the order.
Section 5 Payments
- Payment methods made available by individual Sellers are indicated by Sellers in the appropriate tab for each of the products.
Section 6 Fulfilling Orders
- The time needed to fulfil the order is indicated by the Seller in an appropriate tab on the Website next to the product description.
- The Seller starts to fulfil the order after having received payment for the purchased products – if the Buyer chose payment in advance.
- Detailed information about the delivery are specified by the Seller in the product description on the Website.
- If the Sales agreement covers several products, the shipment will be sent by the Seller after the entire order has been completed within the deadlines specified by the Seller on the Website.
- The Seller is obliged to deliver the goods without any defects.
Section 7 Complaints
- The Seller, as a party to the Sales agreement concluded with the Buyer is liable for defects in the products.
- Claims regarding products should be submitted in the manner specified by the Seller in the product description on the Website.
- The Seller will respond to the complaint within 14 days from receiving the complaint.
Regarding the functioning of the Website:
- Complaints regarding the functioning of the Website and in particular services provided on the Website should be directed to the Administrator to the following email address: email@example.com
- The Administrator will respond to the complaint within 14 days from receiving the complaint.
Out-of-court complaint and redress mechanism
- In a situation where the complaint procedure with the Administrator fails to bring the expected results, the Consumer may use, i.a.:
- a. principles of free-of-charge mediation conducted by the locally competent Regional Trade Inspector, to whom an application for mediation should be directed. The list of Inspectors is available at the following address: https://www.uokik.gov.pl/wazne_adresy.php#faq595,
- b. the principles of free-of-charge assistance of the locally competent permanent consumer court of arbitration operating with the Regional Trade Inspector, where an application for a review before the arbitration court should be submitted. The list of courts is available at the following address: https://www.uokik.gov.pl/wazne_adresy.php#faq596,
- c. free-of-charge assistance of the municipal or poviat consumer advocate,
- d. The ODR platform available at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ (for disputes associated with either national and cross-border contracts).
- In the case of cross-border cases within the European Union, free-of-charge consumer assistance is also provided by European Consumer Centres which inform consumers about their rights and help solve individual problems related to cross-border agreements. A list of the Centres can be found at: http://www.konsument.gov.pl/pl/eck-w-europie.html
Section 8 Account
- In order to use all the features of the Website, including making purchases on the Website, one should register on the Website, i.e. set up an account. A User account allows the Buyer to additionally i.a. check the status of the Order, view the order history, as well as edit his/her data independently.
- In order to register, the Buyer should provide his/her data in the appropriate location on the Website.
- By providing his/her data on the Website, the Buyer declares that the data are correct.
- After expressing the will to set up an account, the Buyer will receive an email from the Administrator. The verification message is sent to the email address indicated by the Buyer when registering. Upon the Buyer's confirmation of the will to register on the Website, an agreement on maintaining an Account on the terms specified herein is concluded between the Buyer and the Administrator for an indefinite period of time.
- The Account is maintained by the Administrator free of charge.
- The Buyer can delete an Account at any time without giving any reason or incurring any costs. To this end, the Buyer should send his/her resignation to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. This will result in immediate termination of the agreement in this regard and the deletion of the Account.
Section 9 Personal data
- Personal data of Buyers processed in connection with the use of the Website are administered by:
- a) The Administrator and
- b) additionally individual Sellers in the scope of personal data of Buyers with whom they conclude Sales agreements for the sale of products via the Website.
Section 10 Final provisions
- A sales contract concluded i.a. on the basis hereof regards a specific one-time order – it is concluded for the purpose of and the period of its fulfilment. Each order requires separate acceptance of the Rules and sales conditions specified by the Seller.
- Agreements concluded in connection with the Website are concluded in Polish, English, French or German, depending on the language version of the Website selected by the Buyer.
- An agreement concluded on the basis hereof is subject to provisions of the Polish law, provided that this choice does not result in a situation where the Consumer loses protection afforded to him/her based on mandatory provisions of law, which would apply if this law was not selected.
- Buyers and Sellers are forbidden to provide content of illegal nature. Users of the Website are liable for the content they post on the Website.
- The Administrator reserves the right to change these Rules only for important reasons. An important reason is understood as the need for amending these Rules caused by:
- adjusting the Website to the provisions of law affecting the services rendered via the Website;
- improving safety of the services provided;
- changing the features of services;
- increasing the competitiveness of the Website,
- with the proviso that the Sales agreement concluded prior to the change of the Rules will be fulfilled on the basis of Rules in force at the time of their conclusion.
- Information about the planned change of Rules will be sent to the Buyer's email address indicated in the Buyer account at least 7 days before the change enters into force.
- If the Buyer does not object to the planned change by the time it enters into force, he/she will be deemed to have accepted it.
- In the event the Buyer refuses to accept the change he/she should send information on that fact to the following email address: email@example.com; this will result in termination of the agreement on the provision of the service upon the entry into force of the planned change.